Monday, February 9, 2009

Updates and recipe


Its been an amazing past few weeks. We've welcomed Berlin...Erinn, Felicity & Gracey came for a visit. Being RS pres. has filled my life with opportunites to get to know and serve others. There is comfort in this routine. A few weeks ago a sister (Jody) in ward passed away--it was sudden and so unexpected...she was young and has a 12yo son (Lucas). Those difficult times seems to bring out the best in people. So many offered to serve this family--I feel honored to know such good people. A friend of mine said, "It's too bad Jody didn't know how much she was loved in the ward." I have thought about that often these last few weeks. We all have family, friends and neighbors. I hope I will always be mindful in the ways I show them that I love and care for them...that they matter to me. I'm thankful for my family-I love them-I respect them-I pray for them.
________________________________________________________________________________

We served luncheon for the family...here is the recipe we used. I think our Whitney will like this. We served it with loaded mashed potatoes.
So easy-and everyone really like it.

4 chicken breast- season w/ salt& pepper and garlic powder (dried ranch mix would be good too)
1 can cr. of chix soup mixed w/ 1/2c milk (pour over chicken)
Sprinkle 1-2C of seasoned (we used herbed) stuffing mix
Pour 1/2 cube of melted butter over stuffing.
Bake 350 about 1 hr.

5 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I'm sorry about your friend. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. Because you are so sweet and loving to EVERYONE!!! I'm so glad to know you:)

Mel's Family said...

I don't know anyone that is more loving and caring, and shows it, as much as you do Jeri. You are a good person, and your ward is so blessed to have you serve them as R.S. president. This chicken recipe sounds sooooo yummy! I am going to try it soon. I love you!
Mel
P.S. That sweet baby Berlin is absolutly beautiful!

Jeri May said...

Thanks friends! Jeanine & I often say...Melinda should be here.

Mel's Family said...

That really touches my heart. I love you all!

Mel's Family said...

Hey Jeri
I made this for dinner Saturday night...LOVED it! Thanks for the recipe. Hope all is well. Love ya!
Mel